9.4.14

Memories of a Viper

Maybe it was the Kweskin Jug Band tune I reheard the other day.  Or just going through old boxes of stuff.  Anyway, here's what I found while listening:


Yep, my roach collection...   inside these jars is a whole history of pot from the mid sixties until I finally gave it all up (?).  Only problem, the dope's so old that it has no potency...  so after the photo, into the garbage.  No reason to have any of that stuff around until Colorado madness spreads to my State.

I originally wanted to give these to the Smithsonian, thought it would be an interesting exhibit, part of the cultural history of hipness in the later decades of the 20th Century.  And just think of the multiple brands of rolling papers represented!  Speaking of which, he's another momento of those times, the Cosmic Aeroplane rolling papers.


These hand stamped samplers served as business cards back in the early days of the shop.

Ah, the good old days...  "dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"--Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

1 comment:

neal vance said...

Re the comment about potency: During my second bout with cancer, the Einhorn Regimen (chemo) was so horrible I began to wish that the Big C would win. My Dr. told me to try pot for nausea and lack of appetite, but we had been rendered poor due to the circumstances. Dixon said I have some from two tears ageo that is no good but here you go. Fortunately I discovered that it had gotten better while sitting for two years and I had to give some of it back. "A friend with weed is a friend indeed." The Fabulous Flying Furry Freak Brothers...Neal