28.8.17

Denver Road Trip Pt. 2

I wanted to visit Denver because I had a friend whose company had Rockies tickets.  My Braves were in town, so a good time to prevail upon him for the seats (thanks, Scott!).  To get someone special to accompany me, I had to bribe her with a room at the Brown Palace Hotel, a classic "grande dame" in continuous operation since the late 1890's.


The only problem with this fabulous hotel was the 2-night $1000 price tag!  $47/night parking?  Well, the dining was great, the room nice (but small), the service excellent...  a great experience, at least once.  Next time we stay at the interconnected Holiday Inn Express across the street...  free parking, free breakfast, and half the nightly cost!  Just walk over to the Palace for the enjoyment.

The Coors Field tickets turned out 10 rows back of the Braves dugout.  I was right there with my favorite players!  Here's Freddie Freeman at the plate, and a wave from Kelsey, part of the Braves announcing staff.



The next night we dined at Lo Stella, a small but highly recommended Italian restaurant.  A very excellent meal at a reasonable price...  and the tiramisu was out of this world!  A pic of the restaurant and an interesting house next door.


One perk of the Brown Palace, personal "limo" service to and from the restaurant.  Gotta get something for that price tag!

No comments: