30.8.17

It's That Time of Year

The homegrown tomatoes are ripening on the vine, locavore veggies are abundant, Private Selection center cut is excellent bacon, so it's BLT time!  I've already posted last year's BLT/birthday blowout, so this year we have a variation.  With a smaller group over the weekend, I introduced my new Homo Hoagie...  Now don't get your panties in a twist, cool your PC trigger words, and get a little sense of humor on.  This is a tribute to the LGBT, now LGBTQ (and maybe more, I'll let the millennials deal with it), not a denigration.  It's just the letters inspired me...  Lettuce, Guacamole, Bacon, Tomato, and...thank you partner...Quecumber!   This sounded like a great sandwich to me, so I thought I'd try it out.

First, I marinated cucumber slices in lime juice, chili powder, and a shot of tequila...


Because the liquid in the cukes and toms would make the hoagie bun soggy, I drained them on paper towels...


Then I spread mayo on half the bun, and any favorite quac on the other half...


Then I added the lettuce (romaine hearts), tomato, and cukes to the bun...


And the bacon (from the baconator...  but that's another story)...


The final homo hoagie... oozing with delight!


And the racist, bigoted, insensitive inventor consuming his product...


So I see a fortune to be made, but I'll obviously need a gay entrepreneur to introduce this to the appropriate populations.  I just want some royalties...  and I'll contribute half to LGBTQ+ causes.

Oh, please, don't hammer me...  just have some fun and enjoy...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherm! How are you? I'm in California now. I miss some of the staff and the volunteers at Sweet. Stay in touch. kcrgem@yahoo.com. Kim Christofferson