23.1.23

Some Travel Notes from the Holidays

As we have for several years, we flew to Maui at the beginning of December.  This year was special since my son and daughter-in-law joined us.  Besides all the usual activities, involving the expenditure of lots of money, I finally got my wish to do a hike around La Perouse Bay.  The trail is the beginning of the King's Highway and is generally known as the Hoapili Trail.

Crossing miles of lava field was no treat, but I got some good pics of the steep shoreline.  First is the "kids" on the trail...

Then a couple features along the trail...





As you hike around the point, the southwestern most point of Maui, another bay comes into view, and the trail continues for several miles to the town of Hana.

On the way back, I ran into a herd of mountain goats.  These were dark colored, and blend in with the surroundings so are kinda hard to see.



Speaking of spending money, I got talked into a dinner cruise on a large catamaran.  And it was worth it, calm water, whale spotting, a nearly full moon, good food and drink...  really quite special.






No comments: