10.8.14

Road Trip--Victorian Edition


Jumping ahead to the return trip, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.  I was cruising along US136 in southern Nebraska, getting tired of driving, and looking for a motel.  I missed my turn and ended up in Superior.  I stopped at the Victorian Motel and got the last room (I'd find out the next day that there wasn't much further down the road, particularly my original destination, Red Cloud).  This town has some sort of Victorian fetish (including a festival).  I have to admit, my room was quite charming in the style.



And only 50 bucks!

The hostess recommended Dave's Place for dinner.  I ordered the house specialty...  the kraut pizza...  standard pizza with sauerkraut and your favorite meat.


I didn't find much in the way of Victorian homes, certainly not like can be found in Canada.  But I did discover a couple interesting buildings...  the local movie theater and an old opera house under slow restoration.



An interesting little town of about 2000 people.  And 100,000 geese in the Fall when they hang at a local lake and gobble up leftover corn from the harvest.

No comments: