29.10.18

Big Euro Trip Familiy Edition

One of my goals this trip was to meet my son Willis, his wife Nisa, his mom, and Nisa's parents in Lyon.  Since I'd been there a few times, I wanted to show them my favorite places, and Miriam arranged a super dinner at Le Cazanove.

We first ventured to the Basilica Notre Dame de Fouvier, on the bluff overlooking the city of Lyon.  Here's a pic of them in front of a mock up of the city layout.


Wandering through Vieux Lyon, Nisa found a Poo Bear.


Hope wanted to shop in Vieux Lyon for silk, very famous in Lyon.  Paul and I waited patiently...


I was fascinated by the displays...  circular rounds of corrugated cardboard shaped into a torso, simple and very cool.




The next day we toured the incredible Musee des Confluences.  In another post I'll have more pics of this wondrous creation, but first a couple pics of the family with the museum as a backdrop.




The exhibits inside are as fascinating as the building.  Just climbing through the interior is amazing (and tiring! so many stairs!).  From the physical confluence (the Rhone and Saone Rivers)  looking back to the museum...  with Nisa in the foreground...  I like this pic!


Not to forget Miriam, who helped immensely getting everyone around.  Here's the fabulous duo in front of the Celestine Theatre in Lyon.


And Miriam with her friend Barb (resident of Lyon) who hosted us one night for dinner and relaxation.  Thanks, Barb, for your help and kindness.


Willis et Fam were off to Provence.  Miriam and I spent a couple more days in Lyon, then hopped on a boat for a Rhone river cruise.  More on this later.


No comments: