15.11.12

Travels With Lacey--Perving at the Castle


We finally reached the Hearst Castle, a goal of Lacey's for many years.  $25/ea/tour, 3 different tours...  crazy, Hearst makes more money from tours than the newspaper biz...  Anyway, the castle is a magnificent example of conspicuous consumption...  those Deer Valley homes with their $19K refrigerators don't even come close.

There were so many photo ops, I didn't know where to start.  But then I noticed quite a collection of marble statues spread around the grounds and inside some of the "common" areas.  So the perv in me took over...  Get ready,  hormone rates are about to explode...


 And on to the show...







This one above was pretty funny...  many women in the tour just had to sit next to it and strike the pose... while their partners snapped their pics.


Orgy time around the pool...











I've got more than this next guy...




Is the above what they call homoerotic???




Ok, now just to cool off a little, a few other pics of things I found interesting...  First, a feature on the walls of the "home theater"...


Now a place setting at the master dinner table...  note the mustard and ketchup bottles...


A neat Chinese lamp...


A way cool Deco clock (I really wanted this, tried to sneak it under my coat but was caught and sentenced to do this blog)...


And now our tour guide (!?!) posing with some of the outdoor features found on the guest buildings around the castle...




This next pic is kinda weird...  don't know how to explain it...


And, finally, a neat mosaic...


And that concludes this tour of the Hearst Castle...  I have to admit, it was quite worth seeing, even though it's out of my price range...  And I have to give Hearst some credit, he's given the castle and thousands of acres around the castle to the State of California for preservation.

No comments: